Monday, June 17, 2013

Week 5: Building Base Knowledge (Part II)

The resource that I have been monitoring since week 1 has been Good Reads.  This website is very helpful by giving read-alikes for books that you have read but also for customers that aren't signed up with Good Reads.   Good Reads gives great book lists for genres that you or your customer are interested in.  Plus you can explore other books/genres that you don't particularly like to read.  This website is great!!!

Early Word has a lot links that would help with reader's advisory with customers. As I was searching around, I found that each of the major magazines and newspapers has published all the best books of 2012 and will do it for 2013. I love that Early Word has all the book award winners. I absolutely love that Early Word has the movie & TV based book tie-ins. I like to read the book before the movie as well as the customers that come into the library. I will continue to use all of these links because it gives great merchandising ideas for the libraries and it also is a great source for those avid readers.

The book that is coming out soon is Big Girl Panties by Stephanie Evanovich. This fast-paced book is about a widow, Holly, who gets back into shape with the help of a hot personal trainer, Logan. This book is amusing and upbeat with lots of romance. This book is for anyone who likes contemporary fiction as well as chick lit!

No comments:

Post a Comment