The website that I have been following is Stop, You're Killing Me! This website gives great detail on new mystery titles that are being published, in hardback and paperback. This mystery website gives book reviews and author read-alikes. What I thought was pretty cool was that you can search by your favorite mystery character to see what books they are in. Stop, You're Killing Me! lists the mystery/thriller award winners for the current year as well as the past years winners. This website is one stop shop for any mystery reader!
Subgenres
Paranormal Romance
When I Google "fan websites paranormal romance", I came across Paranormal Romance Fan for Life. There are over 200 followers for this blog. This blog gives book reviews, author interviews and giveaways for this subgenre.
Three authors of this subgenre are Christine Feehan, Sherrilyn Kenyon, and Nalini Singh. Christine Feehan's books are passionate love stories with danger and dark magic. Sherrilyn Kenyon vampire books are mythology, magic and sexy love stories. Nalini Singh books are intense paranormal romances with a passionate protagonist and steamy sexual encounters.
Cozy Mysteries
I Google "cozy mystery fan websites" and I came across Cozy Mystery List Blog. This website gives cozy mysteries by theme, like by animal, location, hobbies, career, etc. This blog gives newly released book titles and recommendations. This is a very good blog for those who are cozy mystery fans!
Three authors of this subgenre are Susan Wittig Albert, Betty Hechtman, and Monica Ferris. Susan Wittig Albert books are engaging and witty that is leisurely paced with a hometown feeling. Betty Hechtman crocheting books are upbeat, descriptive and fast-paced. Monica Ferris' needlework books are an upbeat and face-paced with very detailed text.
Medical Thrillers
I have been following the website Stop, You're Killing Me! and they give book reviews for medical thrillers and other mystery titles. This website has the nominees and winners for the thriller awards for the past 7 years. This website is great for any mystery reader.
Three authors of this subgenre are Robin Cook, Tess Gerritsen, and Michael Palmer. Robin Cook's books are fast paced and plot driven with drama and suspense. Tess Gerritsen's books are fast paced, violent, richly detailed drama. Michael Palmer's medical thriller books are compelling, suspenseful, and fast-paced.
Mash-ups
One book that is a mashup between Christian fiction and paranormal romance would be Plain Fear: Forsaken by Leanna Ellis. This book is a dark romantic tale about love, sacrifice, and faith.
Another mashup would be Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith because it is a historical fiction and horror/vampire book.
No comments:
Post a Comment