I have never seen a book trailer before but I did enjoy watching some of them. The professionally done book trailers grabbed my attention right away and wanted me to read the book but most of them were cheesy. I watched one about the Hunger Games, The Apothecary and a few Nicholas Sparks titles. Those I enjoyed watching. I think they could be a good reader's advisory tool if the libraries would show them on their TVs that they have in the branches. I think that showing the book trailers will grab customer’s attention and then they would want to read the book. The book trailers would have to be professionally done, of course. All in all, book trailers are good but I reading the summary of a book is just as good.
I enjoyed doing Be More Bookish (BMB). I learned a lot from the exercises, but I thought the exercises took longer than a week to do because of my work load at the time. I wish I had more time to explore the websites that were suggested. Since BMB is over, I will continue to look at them when I have some down time.
Since doing BMB, I am addicted to Goodreads. I love that I can organize my books that I have read and want to read. We have downloaded the Goodreads app to our branch iPads. When I am roving, I can explore what books I want to read and also give suggestions to customers. I also use Goodreads for merchandising display ideas.
For next time, I think that it would be better for it to have a syllabus ahead of time with due dates so we can go ahead if we want to.
No comments:
Post a Comment